Camp

Welcome back to my blog
Last week, the Kaupeka hub went to camp. We went to the YMCA camp in Wainui. We were there for 4 days and 3 nights. We wrote a reflection about the things we found challenging, things we learned, thing we enjoyed and things we are grateful for.

Challenging:
I found some of the activities challenging. Kayaking was really challenging at the start because I was really scared but once I started doing it I found that it was heaps of fun. We had to do a tramp to get to the YMCA camp and I kept on getting stuck in mud so that was also really challenging. I also got a bit home sick.

Enjoyed:
I really enjoyed doing the activities. They were really fun to do and it was really cool because I haven't done most of them before. I think I enjoyed kayaking the most because I had never done it before and I liked all the challenges the got us to do in the kayak. My favourite challenge was when we had to stand up on the kayak and we had to jump, I was very happy with myself because when I jumped I didn't fall in.

Learned:
I learned how to kayak and how to build a raft. Raft building was quite difficult because we had to learn to tie ropes onto logs and barrels. We got lots of help so that made it easier. Kayaking wasn't to hard to learn but it was hard getting the hang of paddling but by the end I found it really easy.

Grateful:
I was very grateful for all of the instructors, parents and teachers because they all helped me when I was struggling. I was also grateful for them because if we didn't have them we wouldn't of been able to come to camp. I am grateful for the food they cooked for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PBL driving question

Driving question for PBL this term

Week three Free choice Blog